Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Calculating Elapsed Time: Nepal!

I never knew. This is awesome.

If your kiddos need to practice elapsed time ~OR~ if they want an elapsed time challenge, try this...

Calculate what time it is in Nepal! From Wikipedia:

Nepal Standard Time (NPT) is the time zone for Nepal. With a time offset from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) of +05:45, Nepal Standard Time[1] is one of only two official time zones with a 45-minute increment from UTC. The Chatham Islands, which uses Chatham Island Standard Time also has a 45-minute increment from UTC, its time zone being UTC+12:45.

So the time difference doesn't fall on an hour, but on a portion of an hour (+ a given number of hours AND 45 minutes)



Awesome. Try it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message. I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate! And I do LOVE chocolate. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips