Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Free December Calendar Markers - Teddy Bear & Box Pattern


The Math Learning Center, a nonprofit organization, has a ton of free resources on its website. I plan to do the "Teddy Bear & Box Calendar Pattern" for December. On the Kindergarten Supplement page you can download both the calendar pieces (pdf, in color) and lesson plans for FREE. (Look under "Geometry" for C4 Teddy Bear & Box and C4 December Calendar Markers.)

With these markers, students describe the location of a teddy bear relative to a box "using words such as inside, outside, behind, in front of, to the left of, to the right of, above and below."  Kindergarteners will love this!! :) At school or at home!



Pictures posted with permission of The Math Learning Center.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this. I can't wait to use the December calendar markers and am disappointed that I missed the earlier months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I am stalking you... I could not get back to your email but the answer is... no my class did not have a hard time with the butterfly pattern and I think because the first response from a student was that it was like the E chart for eye sight testing our nurse gives and the child showed us hand motions. We all immediately could visualize this so we had no problem at all. And my previous class LOVED LOVED the bear/box calendar pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message. I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate! And I do LOVE chocolate. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips