Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Schooling in South Korea

Very interesting news article...  Especially if you keep up with all the talk about how U.S. kids do on standardized tests as compared to other nations. Read the entire article. (If you only read the beginning, you miss a lot...)

SEOUL, South Korea -- "If they can do that in South Korea, we can do it right here in the United States of America."

President Barack Obama said that last year. He was talking about school. He was talking about hours. He was talking about how hard South Korean kids work, how long they study, how much time they put in -- more than a month longer per school year than their American counterparts.

Read the entire article by Mitch Albom here.

2 comments:

  1. I was born in South Korea. While the American system has problems, I am thankful I was educated here. I could not, would not raise our daughter in the ways Koreans educate their kids. I believe in excellence but the level of pressure to succeed Korea is unhealthy. What I would want for Korea and US is a sense of balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't leave chocolate sorry, but I enjoyed the article. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message. I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate! And I do LOVE chocolate. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips