Thursday, July 22, 2010

Math Game Review: Think and Jump

While I do play a lot of math strategy games with my child(ren), I can't do this all the time. It's nice to have some games that can be played independently...like Hi-Q, now called Think and Jump. A version of the classic "peg jump," the game allows a player to strategize as he tries to remove as many pegs from the board as possible. This is a great game for "quiet time" at our house as my son can play it independently. He enjoys the challenge of trying to eliminate more pegs than he did the previous day. The puzzle develops skills in logic, spatial thinking, and pattern recognition, among others. And more importantly? At rest time yesterday when I handed him the game, he responded, "Oh, cool!"

Disclaimer: I bought my own Hi-Q game (which I do not see available through Amazon, although the one mentioned here is just a newer version) and have no contact with the company that produces it. If you use the Amazon link to buy your own, I will make a few cents. My blog policy, however, is that I don't blog about things that I don't like. I like this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message. I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate! And I do LOVE chocolate. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips