Friday, December 27, 2013

Fractions and Ratios - Online Game & Activity

My 5th grade group has been using ratios and ratio tables to better understand fractions and their equivalents. Here are two online activities (one game and one lesson) that support ratios & fractions. I hope my students--and yours--will try them out! :)


Ratio Blaster - In this free online game, view a ratio (example: 3 to 6) and click to shoot at the invading spaceship that shows an equivalent ratio, written as a fraction (example: 1/2).










Cheesy Goldfish - Determine which goldfish cracker package is the better deal, using a ratio table to find price/ounce.

4 comments:

  1. That looks fun! Thanks for sharing. My 5th grader will enjoy the game for sure : )
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy:
    I found the website, Yummy Math, by following the links in your post. Lots of great stuff there! Thanks for sharing...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim...yesterday is the first I'd been to Yummy Math too. It's AWESOME, isn't it???!!!! :)

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a message. I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate! And I do LOVE chocolate. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips