Thursday, February 28, 2013

In Case You Think Decimals Don't Matter...

Dear Very Large Government Agency,

I received your letter in the mail today. And no, I did not collect $3600 in royalties and therefore do not owe you back taxes. I have not made $3600 in royalties over the course of my entire life.

You referenced my employer's 109X as proof. Thankfully I have my own copy. It clearly states that I collected $36.00 in royalties. It seems that your computer...or your data entry person...or something (!)...misplaced a couple decimal places on the way to the bank.

I appreciate the error as I now have a great story to share with kids who fail to understand why decimals are such a big deal.

Rich in stories but not in royalties,



Clipart by MyCuteGraphics.

8 comments:

  1. Maybe the government agency won't get the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking some time to catch up on blogs and this story made me chuckle! Love it!

    Jennifer Smith-Sloane
    4mulaFun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I'm trying to chuckle about it. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm featuring this on my Friday Fab 5 tomorrow! :) I would love if you would check it out!

      Delete
    3. Just thought I would let you know I am featuring this on my Friday Fab 5 tomorrow! :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving me a message. I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate! And I do LOVE chocolate. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips