Friday, January 18, 2013

Free Game Teaches Parallel & Perpendicular

Have you ever played the "dot" game? My kids play it sometimes. You start with dot paper, and take turns making lines to create little boxes. For every box captured, you score a point.

Today we played a similar game from the Math Learning Center, "Dots & Lines," that gives kids opportunity to explore the terms parallel & perpendicular. Players take turns spinning either perpendicular or parallel lines to indicate the direction in which to place their rubberbands. As squares are made, they are captured with game markers. You'll find it here, under Geometry, Supplement C1 Parallel, Perpendicular & Intersecting.

By the time we were done, my student thoroughly understood parallel & perpendicular. And we had a great time in the process. Enjoy!

CCSS.Math.Content.4.G.A.1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message. I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate! And I do LOVE chocolate. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips