Sunday, October 2, 2011
Versatile Blogger Award
Thank you so much to Heather at mrsrobinsonsclassroomblog, Janaye at frogsandcupcakes, and Barbara at The Corner On Character for the Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks also to Barbara for the Blog on Fire Award! And to Janaye for the Top Ten Award!
To accept Versatile Blogger Award, I need to:
1. Link back to the bloggers who awarded me. (Done...and thank you! I LOVE your blogs!)
2. Share 7 things about myself.
3. Nominate 15 other blogs.
Wow! Tall order!
So...7 things about me...
1. In the past week, I have canned a little more than 115 jars of tomatoes, tomato sauce and salsa. I am so, so sick of looking at tomatoes. (But grateful!) I also found the top of my desk and the floor of my office. (The tomatoes weren't stored there, but everything else was!) :)
2. I just finished a summer that included many teacher math workshops...including one to Indiana in the heart of Amish country. I learn so much from working with teachers!
3. Related to #2, my husband has Amish relatives. We visited a great uncle and my kids got a buggy ride.
4. I have 5 children. Last year I discovered why I was so busy all the time. I had one child in each of these levels: preschool, elementary, middle, high school, and college!
5. Related to #4, when I was a kid, I said I wanted to grow up to have 12 children.
6. I've gone from high school English teacher to middle school language arts/social studies to elementary teacher to math trainer. My favorite age to teach is always whatever age I'm currently teaching. (Which seems to change on a daily basis!)
7. If I wasn't a teacher, I'd be a child psychologist specializing in adoption issues.
Check out these fabulous math blogs (in no particular order):
Math Mama Writes...
Dr. Nicki's Guided Math Blog
Bookish Ways in Math and Science
Math is Not a Four Letter Word
Guided Math Study Group
Let's Play Math!
Homeschool blogs (in no particular order):
Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns
The Adventures of Bear
A Mommy's Adventures
Journey to Excellence
The Learning Hypothesis
Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational (an "after school" blog!)
Someday I'll do a post just on teacher blogs. There are so, so many I love that it's hard to choose just a few! But you can find a lot of fabulous teachers linked at:
Teaching Blog Addict
Okay, that's 17. But who's counting??? :)