Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring Break Art & Poetry Projects

Spring Break has hit here in full force, so we've been enjoying some art and poetry projects.

At right is a new project, Poetry & 3-D Art for Every Season in which kids write diamante poems--reviewing nouns, verbs, and adjectives--and create 3-D art displays to brighten any season or holiday. I've used this with students through 6th grade, but did it with my first grade son this morning since he was home on a "Spring Break sick day." This art project is special because it was passed down from my mom, a lifelong teacher (now retired), who first began teaching it to her students in the early days of her career. I've never seen it anywhere but her classroom and mine! ;) This entire lesson would be a great addition to April Poetry Month. Available at Teachers Pay Teachers or Teachers Notebook.

Our next art endeavor (pictured below), I located at Art for Kids through the amazing world of Pinterest. It teaches kids to blend oil pastels on 3 mini pictures. My boys had a blast kicking off Spring Break with this project. Thank you, Rob, at Art for Kids for sharing your lesson!

I hope you're enjoying (or will soon enjoy!) Spring Break.






1 comment:

  1. I love that I'm not the only one who combines art with poetry! Those pastel pictures came out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message. I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate! And I do LOVE chocolate. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips